It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Parallel step trigger manual

Why it's not possible to have manual steps in parallel step.

How I can achieve following scenario 

1. step: build
  2. step: copy to AWS
  3. a) manual step: deploy UI
    b) manual step: deploy Server

I want to be able to run either 3-a or 3-b - now I should always run first 3-a then 3-b

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Interesting use cases, and certainly something we can consider.

To make it easier to track, and for others to watch and upvote this feature request, please raise a ticket here: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/new 

Thanks!

Thanks for the link Dian! Do you think we should add these use cases as a comment to this issue too? Just to give the Atlassian team more examples on why someone would like manual parallel steps?

Sure we can do that .. but what I notice - I do not think Atlassian team will do it - that was mentioned in thread ...

Not an answer, but more like another scenario where you might need this.

We are using Expo (React Native) and want to create a concurrent build for Android and iOS. For consistency, we want to create the builds with the same code, so there won't be only an Android or only an iOS build.

1. Validate code
  1. a) Run tests
  1. b) Analyze code
  1. c) Analyze commits

2. Create release

3. Build apps
  3. a) Build Android
  3. b) Build iOS

In this use case step 1 is an automatic parallel step, this works great. Step 2 is a (normal) manual step, we only want to create a new release manually. And not for every change made. Finally, step 3, a manual parallel step where a developer can choose to "Build (both) apps".

Right now step 3 is not possible, I would really love this if it could.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

155 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you