Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual pipeline steps not working

Mark Middleton December 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Run pipelines manually

I can not get manual steps to appear at all.  I've followed the examples to the letter, but no joy.

pipelines:
  custom: # Pipelines that are triggered manually
    sonar:
      - step:
          script:
            - echo "Manual triggers for Sonar are awesome!"
    deployment-to-prod:
      - step:
          script:
            - echo "Manual triggers for deployments are awesome!"
  branches:  # Pipelines that run automatically on a commit to a branch
    staging:
      - step:
          script:
            - echo "Automated pipelines are cool too."

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

3 answers

0 votes
Mark Mark January 30, 2017

Hi Craig,

I didn't get it working... still waiting on a solution. Hopefully Atlassian will fix this issue soon as it seems fundamental to their CI as a pipeline offering.  If they do come back with a solution, please post smile

In the mean time I've switched my CI over to gitlab running as a docker image which works in pretty much the same way, and allows you to define and run manual steps.  (It took me about 30mins to setup!)

craig.bradshaw January 31, 2017

Hi Mark

Thanks for the response. I'll see where I get to with support. We use gitlab elsewhere in my company...might take a look into that too smile

craig.bradshaw February 7, 2017

Hi

Just to follow this up -

Atlassian resolved this - It seems I had an old version (connector descriptor) - guess thats something internal to Bitbucket and it wasn’t showing the custom builds properly. Their developers manually upgrade it within my account. It's working really well now.

C

0 votes
Mark Middleton December 22, 2016

Hi Yaroslav, I can get default steps working fine (which is what your file does).  It's the manual/custom steps which do not work as per the documentation:

pipelines:
  custom: # According to the docs these should appear as manual steps against commit hashes
    sonar: 
      - step:
          script:
            - echo "Manual triggers for Sonar are awesome!"

craig.bradshaw January 30, 2017

Hi Mark

Did you resolve this ? I've the same issue which I'm currently trying to resolve with Atlassian support. Be interested if you know the fix

0 votes
Yaroslav Havrylovych December 21, 2016

I really don't kow what is going wrong here, but I have an exmple file which works for me.

What I'm doing there is (after project is pulled by Bitbucket code) pulling additional libraries and submodules and starting the build process.

Hope it will help you. If you will have questions about that file I could answer as I had few of such files with different configs.

P.S. I'm using the custom docker image in there (the first line) and you're using the default here, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events