Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an API available to update pipeline status?

Appu Mistri July 16, 2020

I'm using bitbucket pipelines to trigger my automated test run in AWS device farm, the problem here is bitbucket pipelines has a timeout of 120 minutes, and sometimes my test suite takes longer than 120 minutes to finish and the pipeline fails. So in this case, I want to update the pipeline status through API (if any available).

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2020

Honestly, per the *pipeline* itself 120 minutes is the hard limit, don't waste your build minutes per a pipeline just to wait for longer than 2 hours (or relatively below) - actually don't waste build minutes just for *waiting* - srsly?

As an alternative: Why not have the pipeline just trigger the otherwise truly remote build on AWS device farm and then let the AWS device farm update the build status via the REST API?

The build will be yellow until updated and there are no Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Pipelines Plugin build minutes be counted for running your own infrastructure.

Principle here is to confirm a true commit as this is the anchor to verify to, if you really insist to temporary builds, e.g. a pull-request pipeline (which does not satisfy any quality gate at all by design), commit and (force) push a temporary commit (indirection) and build on that commit. Just saying in case you're running into an x/y problem here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events