Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run more than one command in the following pipe "atlassian/google-gke-kubectl-run"

Saurabh Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2020

Hi,

Can I run more than one command in the COMMAND variable section while using the following pipe https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/google-gke-kubectl-run/src/master/?

For instance:

- pipe: atlassian/google-gke-kubectl-run:1.3.1
  variables:
    KEY_FILE: '<string>'
    PROJECT: '<string>'
    COMPUTE_ZONE: '<string>'
    CLUSTER_NAME: '<string>'
    KUBECTL_COMMAND: 'command_1','command_2'     <======

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2020

@Saurabh Singh no, you cannot do it, this would be too complex pipe and would be hard to understand what actually succeeded and how.

I propose you to use you command in a separate step. You can also define those steps as parallel to save time (but be aware that perhaps this will require more pipeline resources like memory and cpu).

Otherwise, explain please us, your use case, why exactly you need it and we will think how to help you.

Srikanth Mamidala July 14, 2022

@Halyna Berezovska If I want to scale the pods after the deployment. How would you recommend us doing that. Should I add another pipe after apply command ? I tried to replace with SED but its not working because of spaces in manifest. Thought running another kubectl command after deployment to scale pods is easier approach. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events