Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the services in steps

sravani.kambhampati June 9, 2020

Hi All,

Could you please let me know how to increase the services for bitbucket pipeline steps.

please find the below link and it says max 5 services per step. we are happy to pay if there is an enterprise edition of bitbucket.

Followed this doc https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/use-services-and-databases-in-bitbucket-pipelines-874786688.html

Pipelines enforce a maximum of 5 service containers per build step.

memory:  We would like to increase memory above 7 GB. 

Please let us know how can we do that

1 answer

0 votes
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2020

From what I know there is no way to increase the number of services above five and use more than a total memory of four GB when running within the Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud infrastructure (see as well: How can I get 4x size in bitbucket pipeline?)

However when using a local Pipelines Runner compatible with bitbucket-pipelines.yml files, there is no service nor specific memory limit. E.g. I have it running on Travis. As you're open to more Enterprise options, this might already suit your needs and you can take care of the infra your own.

There are other pipeline runners as well, this is just one I wrote, it does support all services (did only support Docker service earlier) and does not have any specific resource limits (the system limits it in the end).

Alternative to existing tools, you can just just run the containers your own. The `pipelines` utility shows with the --verbatim flag which commands to execute, an alternative description is available at Debug your pipelines locally with Docker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events