Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deal with "There was an error processing your request. It has been logged"

Thomas Barrett October 21, 2019

I'm building some scripts for automation. Individual API calls are working fine, but when I try to string them together, I'm getting the error:

{"code": 500, "message": "There was an error processing your request. It has been logged (ID 58fb6b3947b734b2)."}

Is there anywhere I can track down this error to find out what went wrong?

It is clearly at my end, as all I am doing is sending the results of one API call into the other. If I do the two steps manually then it is fine. So there's something in my script that is breaking it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 25, 2019

Hi @Thomas Barrett

The 500 error is very generic as it involves multiple reasons that made the server throw an exception, not being able to handle the request received. You said that you are able to run the requests manually but when handled by the script it is not working.

• What is the script language used?
  • Have you tried to print the command called by the script to check if its format is correct?

In bash, for example, you could use the option -x (header !#/bin/bash -x ) to print all the commands called or evaluations performed in your script. This could help you to identify what is wrong with the call.

Thomas Barrett October 28, 2019

Thank you @Daniel Santos 

I missed escaping a character.

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2019

You are welcome!
I'm glad that you could find it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events