Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect if it is shared hosting?

cheralathann August 30, 2020

I am using FTP Deploy . Pipeline reject and failed to connect. While I am using shared hosting. Though I don't have separate IP address for my website. is there any possibility to fix this problem?

script:
  - pipe: atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.3.3
    variables:
      USER: 'username'
      PASSWORD: '********'
      SERVER: 'ftp.example.com'
      REMOTE_PATH: 'public_ci_cd/'

1 answer

0 votes
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2020

Hi @cheralathann ,

it depends on usage conditions of your hosting.

Are they provide such option for you?

Have you tried to connect to the hosting manually?

cheralathann September 2, 2020

Yes I tried manually. It working fine. But couldn't able to connect through pipeline. Throwing authentication failed error.

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

@cheralathann If the authentication failed, it is a sign that network connection was already successful in the pipeline.

Verify you're using the correct credentials though.

For trouble-shooting turn on DEBUG (`DEBUG: true`).

cheralathann September 8, 2020

Thank you so much @Oleksandr Kyrdan @ktomk Finally done :)

cheralathann September 8, 2020

Actually its is removing and uploading all the files again instead of uploading only changed files.

How to deploy only changed files?

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

@cheralathann I'd assume the devil is in the details as so often. Please consult the manual of the lftp utility, it might already do that but your understanding what a changed file is might be different to the utility or what the utility can technically do on the level of FTP and  the underlying systems, e.g. the file-system inside the container or on the remote shared host.

Therefore it's important you read that up first as otherwise such questions tend to become too broad and too easy to misunderstand/too hard to answer. Yeah, and trouble-shooting.

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2020

@cheralathann Just seeing with the FTP-Deploy Pipe the optional

DELETE_FLAG

variable. Maybe if you set it to `false` you already have the behavior you're looking for?

For anything else the ftp-depoy pipe is using the `lftp` utility with the `mirror` command (in reverse, so uploading to the FTP server to mirror) and you can tweak this by the

EXTRA_ARGS

variable as outlined in the ftp-deploy project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events