Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add go binary as bitbucket pipeline artifact?

rainbowstack January 2, 2020

Hello, I am trying to add the output binary of my pipeline to the build-in artifactory.

image: golang:1.13

pipelines:
default:
- step:
script:
- PACKAGE_PATH="${GOPATH}/src/bitbucket.org/${BITBUCKET_REPO_FULL_NAME}"
- mkdir -pv "${PACKAGE_PATH}"
- tar -cO --exclude-vcs --exclude=bitbucket-pipelines.yml . | tar -xv -C "${PACKAGE_PATH}"
- cd "${PACKAGE_PATH}"
- go get -v
- env GOOS=windows GOARCH=amd64 go build
- go build -v
- ls
artifacts:
- fx_update.exe

However, the binary does not end up in the artifactory:

aqgMQ.png

So I threw this `ls` command in there to see if the .exe is present and Indeed it is:

XNyPR

Does anyone know why it's not doing what I want?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2020

Artifacts are given relative to the pipelines "build" directory (environment parameter: BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR) by a relative path (compare with the docs for more details).

In your specific example it is perhaps most easy to copy the artifact over into that directory:

- cp -v -- fx_update.exe "${BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR}"

Then it should already work as the file fx_update.exe should then be found for the artifact.

In a further thought you can consider to create a directory in your repository intended to have build artifacts stored into, I normally use build for it in the projects root directory and ignore files and directories in there as they are generated (build) so it's easy to run build scripts as well in the development environment on local machines and it's compatible with builds in a pipeline.

E.g. by creating the file build/go/.gitignore in the repository:

# go build artifacts directory
/*
!/.gitignore

If you consider to do so, you need to adopt the artifacts setting (and the destination path of the cp command):

- cp -v -- "fx_update.exe" "${BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR}/build/go"
artifacts:
- build/go/fx_update.exe

At the end of the day this is independent to the programming language, what makes go different here is that it has the go-path and/or the build-path.

However IIRC this changed some time ago and you can also run go builds and output to other locations, but I must admit I don't have an example or some more reference at hand right now.

rainbowstack January 8, 2020

Thank you. I was trying with the full path to the go src directory but this didn't work either. You can specify the output path with -o, as far as I know.

ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

Have you tried coping the binary over to the bitbucket pipelines clone directory? Otherwise artifacts can not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events