How can I pass dynamically generated zip file to elasticbeanstalk pipe

Sayed Awesh Rahman September 24, 2020

I have a step where archive is created:
Then I am using `atlassian/aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy:0.5.0` to deploy the above zip.

Suppose the artifact created in step 1 resides in out folder with dynamic name as 

`out/*.zip`

later in the pipe zip option I am not able to proceed with `out/*.zip` as the name of the archive is not constant 

I want to do some thing like

image: 'lambci/lambda:build-python3.8'
pipelines:
branches:
release/*:
- step:
name: Archival
script:
- /bin/sh ./scripts/shell/archive.sh
artifacts:
- out/*.zip
           -step:
- pipe: atlassian/aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy:0.5.0 variables: AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION APPLICATION_NAME: 'application-test' ZIP_FILE: 'out/*.zip'

P.S: Note `out/*.zip`

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 8, 2020

Hello, @Sayed Awesh Rahman !

If you put a wildcard (and you have multiple zip)  aws-create-application-version should fail, when unpacking your bundle, because from docs it supports one zip .

I would recommend to find exact name of your zip file (if you are sure there is one with such pattern):

ZIP_FILE=$(ls *.zip | tail -n 1)

As for wildcard, I guess , right now we cannot maintain it, because this will be a breaking change for others who may have multiple zip files .

Contact us in the case of more questions.

Regards, Galyna

Sayed Awesh Rahman October 8, 2020

@Halyna Berezovska Already resolved, thanks anyways 🙂.

Like Halyna Berezovska likes this
0 votes
Depstan Thankachan Xavier March 8, 2023

@Sayed Awesh Rahman  could you please share the solution here? I am facing similar issue now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events