Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GAE deployment queries

Vinit Payal March 28, 2019

I was trying to create a deployment for GAE application. Have below queries:- 

1. Where do I actually store my service account key which has permission to deployment access, path of which is stored in $KEY_FILE, due to security reasons we can't make it part of code and also can't even store it somewhere publicly.
  2. How do I use different GAE `app.yaml` files for different environments, reason being we don't want to have same instance size etc in development, staging and production environment and even in our case name of GAE service is different for each environment.

To explain how we are doing it right now, please refer below screenshots of two yaml files staging_app.yaml for staging environment and dev_app.yaml for development enviroment.

1) dev_app.yaml

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 4.07.47 PM.png2) staging_app.yaml

Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 4.07.30 PM.png

Ideal way would be to add a variable to decide path of gae yaml file, please let me know how can above two be taken care of?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexander Zhukov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2019

Hi Vinit :) Let me try to answer your questions

1. To store sensitive variables you can use Pipelines Variables. In particular, please refer to Secure variable masking section in our documentation. These are not public and only available to people who have admin access to the repository.

2. You should be able to pass different GAE deployables using EXTRA_ARGS:

EXTRA_ARGS: 'staging_app.yaml'

You can even go further and use Bitbucket Deployments with Deployment variables to provide different gae yaml file path depending on the deployment environment.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events