Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP-Deploy with SSL

Marcel Izgin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2020

How can you use the ftp-deploy pipe with SSL?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Hi @Marcel Izgin ,

Thank you for your question!

The best choice for your case might be sftp-deploy pipe.

You can follow steps from the deploy-using-scp guide but use sftp-deploy pipe instead. 

Cheers,
Alex

Frans Irgolitsch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2020

Hi Alex,

What I interpret from his question is that he means ftps, not sftp. The sftp pipeline isn't a solution for that.

I am myself wondering if this is possible as I'm currently getting an error that SSL is required. From what I see in the pipeline source, SSL is forced off in the pipeline, making ftps impossible. I was wondering what the reasoning behind this was.

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2020

@Frans Irgolitsch you are right, this solution with ftps needs to be investigated and tested. However right now it is also good idea for custom pipe. You can explore how easily you can write a new one Creating a custom pipe . Contact us in the case of questions!

Steven Lindelauff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 29, 2020

Any update on this? Maybe have the user select ssl as an option instead of forcing it off?

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
July 31, 2020

@Steven Lindelauff right now we are not really to support this. The reason is that we recommend users to use sftp instead of ftps since ftps looks like a bit legacy. You can find pros and cons here https://www.nsoftware.com/kb/articles/legacy/sbb/ftps-vs-sftp.rst .

We actually recommend to adapt your pipeline to use sftp-deploy pipe instead of ftp-deploy.

BUT if you're not ok with this or it fails it would be nice to provide us with more details of your case. 

At any time you can always create a custom pipe that comply your needs.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thanks

0 votes
ob April 26, 2021

We used the following custom solution, instead of creating a custom pipe:

• Use of the bitbucketpipelines/ftp-deploy Docker image in the build step.
  • Execute the lftp command manually with the needed ssl options/commands

Example bitbucket-pipelines.yml file:

- step: deployment-step
image: bitbucketpipelines/ftp-deploy:0.3.6
script:
- lftp -u "$FTP_USER,$FTP_PASSWORD" -e "set ftp:ssl-force true; set ftp:ssl-allow true; set ftp:ssl-protect-data true; mirror -vvv --exclude=some_exclude_file -R $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR /REMOTE_PATH;quit" $FTP_HOST
- echo "Deployment finished" 

This worked for us so far.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events