Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does bitbucket repos have a container registry ?

alex dej February 23, 2021

I have a bitbucket pipeline inside my repo in which I'm building and push a image (from Dockerfile) and I was wondering if bitbucket provides a container registry in order to avoid using an external one like dockerhub . Thx

Part of pipeline step:

- docker build -t <my.container.registry.io>/<my_app>:<my_tag> .

- docker push <my.container.registry.io>/<my_app>:<my_tag>

3 answers

11 votes
Alessandro Mulloni December 1, 2021

@Vadim8 We actually do miss this feature a lot, and it's kind of a blocker for migration from GitLab to Bitbucket. It's always easier and more convenient to have things stored in one location, especially when the whole company is using the Atlassian tools for everything (Trello, Jira, Confluence, etc.).

Jon Whittlestone June 8, 2022

+1

Like # people like this
0 votes
Vadim8 March 16, 2021

Today there are plenty of alternatives, and we don't miss that Bitbucket doesn't have a registry. 

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2021

Hi Alex and welcome to the community.

I'm afraid that Bitbucket doesn't provide a container registry.

We support public and private Docker images including those hosted on Docker Hub, AWS, GCP, Azure and self-hosted registries accessible on the internet. (Bitbucket Pipelines cannot currently access Docker images that cannot be accessed via the internet.)

Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Richard Quadling October 24, 2022

Do images in private repos get cached appropriately within BitBucket? I think this was an issue previously.

Like negrusti likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events