It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does Bitbucket Pipelines support self hosted runners?

Would like to know if Bitbucket pipelines supports self hosted runners and/or a hybrid hosted and self hosted runner setup. Bonus if integrating with AWS spot is possible.

2 answers

As far as I know as a non-user of Atlassian Bitbucket Server, it does not have the Pipelines Plugin. So, I might be wrong believing that there is no runner in the scope of the options that Atlassian Bitbucket Server (or Data-Center) gives, as far as I can tell the server documentation does not have it (searched in it for "pipeline/s").

Apart from Atlassian itself, there are a couple of runners independently available, most that I know of are somewhat hack-ish (no bad feelings here), mostly for development (which makes sense) which means not feature complete. And a shameless self-plug here, as I have one such utility on Github as well which I normally extend to the level of features I need my own:

But I guess you've looked already around a bit and might have stumbled over these.

What I've always missed is that Bitbucket never came en-par with Gitlab (gitlab-runner) which offers the command line runner since like always, as well as other more CI/CD specific offerings like Codeship (jet) also like always offering it and always very well integrated or Circle CI (CircleCI CLI) which I never used the command-line utility personally, but I've heard the utility does run the jobs locally.

Hi,

as far as I know, Bitbucket Pipelines is available only for Bitbucket Cloud and doesn't support any sort of runners, you can buy only "minutes".

We're working on a self-hosted alternative that provides native integration with Bitbucket interface and allows to run any amount of runners — snake-ci.com 

Also, we're offering private beta builds, drop me a line if you have any questions: we@reconquest.io

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

What We Learned When We Researched Open Source Vulnerabilities in 7 Popular Coding Languages

...hey are a part of us, shaping how we interact with the world around us. The same holds true for programming languages when we think about how different kinds of vulnerabilities raise their heads in t...

1,034 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you