Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining variables in pipes configuration

Sebastian Mrozek (NZ) January 22, 2019

I am using the elastic beanstalk deployment pipe.

Do I have to list all the variables as given in the example if the same variables are already defined as the repository variables?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Mrozek (NZ) January 23, 2019

The pipe configuration requires the variables to be defined in the config, so if you want to use repository variables, they need to be used as such in the script, here is an example:

- pipe: atlassian/aws-elasticbeanstalk-deploy:0.2.1
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: ${AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID}
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: ${AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY}
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: ${AWS_DEFAULT_REGION}
0 votes
mwatson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hi Sebastian, 

Could you give us some more details of the error, like some of the log output from running your step and the Pipe? It seems strange that the Pipe itself would need the JAVA_HOME env set as it does not use JAVA internally (AFAIK awscli is in python) so I'd like to see exactly where the error is coming out in your example,

Thanks,

Matt Watson (Bitbucket Pipelines Development Manager)

Sorry, somehow I managed to get title that was not relevant to the problem. Possibly because of the way the site is trying to find a solution as you type the question. I have now corrected the title.

Like mwatson likes this
0 votes
Mihai Schwarz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2019

Hi,

Click on this https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/No-JRE-HOME-or-JAVA-HOME-environment-variable-is-set/qaq-p/838295

You will find some useful information :)

What OS do you use?

Sorry, somehow I managed to get title that was not relevant to the problem. Possibly because of the way the site is trying to find a solution as you type the question.

I have now corrected the title.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events