Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudformation Deploy pipe should allow --role-arn parameter

fam513
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2020

You can not specify the parameter --role-arn when configuring the Cloudformation Deploy pipe (https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/aws-cloudformation-deploy). Please could you add this feature?

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2020

@fam513 ok, we will investigate this. But tell your exact case and share logs please and at what exactly pipe parameters you have for cloudformation, because right now I see it should be supported and if not, this can be actually a bug.

Anyway, thanks for reporting the case.

Best regards, Galyna

fam513
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2020

I am looking at the documentation for the Cloudformation Deploy pipe:

https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/aws-cloudformation-deploy

There does not appear to be a way of specifying the role arn for the deployment. This option exists when you use the AWS CLI tool to do a Cloudformation deployment - it is the --role-arn option - but it isn't an option for the Bitbucket pipe.

If this option does exist then could you let me know how to use it? And also update the documentation?

My exact case is I would like to create a Bitbucket pipeline to do a Cloudformation deployment and specify a particular role for doing it. I don't have any logs - because I haven't yet written the pipeline, because the Bitbucket pipe does not support this.

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

@fam513 ok, thanks for reporting. Right now I think it should basically support all update_stack options , but we'll discuss it within a team.

Regards, Galyna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events