Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkstyle pipe not finding the report file

tsantos September 17, 2020

I've configured the pipe through several ways and just can't figure out how to get the pipe read the report file generated by php-cs-fixer. The file is being generated and I can confirm that by running the cat command to see its content.

- step: &code-standard
name: Code Standard
script:
- php-cs-fixer fix --dry-run --format=checkstyle . > checkstyle-result.xml
after-script:
- pipe: atlassian/checkstyle-report:0.2.0
variables:
REPORT_FAIL_SEVERITY: 'error'
- cat checkstyle-result.xml 

1 answer

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2020

Hello @tsantos if to look at the docs of the pipe , I don't see php-cs-fixer to be supported actually.

I guess it can be supported if it generates absolutely compliant report xml file.

I have checked this tool on compliance https://github.com/FriendsOfPHP/PHP-CS-Fixer/issues/3459 and I have some doubts that it is truly compliant.

You can ensure this and we can continue to investigate your case.

Also, please provide the logs of the pipe if it is failing or explain your actual output , you get.

Regards, Galyna

tsantos September 22, 2020

Hi @Halyna Berezovska , thanks for replying. This is a sample of the file that PHP CS Fixer generates for Checkstyle format:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<checkstyle>
<file name="MyClass.php">
<error severity="warning" source="PHP-CS-Fixer.no_spaces_inside_parenthesis" message="Found violation(s) of type: no_spaces_inside_parenthesis"/>
<error severity="warning" source="PHP-CS-Fixer.phpdoc_summary" message="Found violation(s) of type: phpdoc_summary"/>
</file>
</checkstyle>

The step fails as expected because there are violations in the source. and the report is generated but without any issues on it (it is green instead of red).

Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2020

@tsantos regarding your case, I see in your file generated warnings (severity="warning"),

and you put the REPORT_FAIL_SEVERITY as "error". Try to put REPORT_FAIL_SEVERITY as warning, so it will report warnings and above. Contact us, please telling the feedback of what you've got.

Regards, Galyna

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events