Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location of bitbucket-pipelines.yml file

ianregister February 6, 2021

Is it possible to put my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file in a child directory and not root?

My repo is structured into two directories:

site/ # website front end & api logic
server/ # server deploy & provisioning logic

and I desire having the pipelines config in the server directory

site/
server/bitbucket-pipeline.yml

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2021

In general this is not possible. The options to make it possible I can think of are likely not what you've looking for:

1. Make server a gitlink/subproject. then it would be a repository of its own which would have its bitbucket-pipeline in its own root directory and build in its own repository.
  2. Use a third party utility/service that is able to run the file from anywhere.

Perhaps if you share what is driving your motivation better directions or ideas can be given. 

ianregister February 8, 2021

Thanks @ktomk kinda figured as much.

Just wanted a cleaner looking file structure - have all my deploy related files in the server directory. I can live with the config file in the root.

Like ktomk likes this
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Yes, you normally only need that one file in the root. And yes, I know what you're talking about. It can get kinda crowd in the root project directory these days. I try to minimize that as well, like putting what can in support sub-directories. Works well with bitbucket-pipelines.yml for my needs.

ianregister February 9, 2021

Agreed! It's the only file in my root, and it hurts my eyeballs. Until I remind myself my client paid for it to be there and then I'm happy again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events