Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i integrate bitbucket pipeline using yaml file to run functional automation test cases

Aditi_Garg April 22, 2020

Can i integrate bitbucket pipeline using yaml file to run functional automation test cases written in java, eclipse ide, appium server, android emulator for mobile application.

if yes, please suggest how.. i am literally struggling to overcome with this patch of work.. 

1 answer

0 votes
Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

You can automate almost anything that you can run from your own command-line, if it doesn't require specific hardware (e.g. MacOS). Please describe your problem in detail or play around with some solutions available already.

Aditi_Garg April 23, 2020

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to integrate android automation test cases which includes functional test cases.

I have used eclipse IDE using Java maven project, able to run maven project via command line or on local successfully,

earlier i tried to deploy CI CD pipeline on circle ci, but to run automation this require an emulator to install and run mobile application. Circle ci doesnt support emulator to run the application. In this way circle ci not worked.

Planning to deploy and use the bitbucket pipleline to integrate ci cd deployment, for this bitbucket require yml file to run on.. 

My question is - do bitbucket support to install appium server installation, build apk and run, install emulator to work on ?

If yes, please suggest how can i proceed further to run yml and what are the steps to write yml for bitbucket. I am new to this deployment process.

so that i can run yml file to run the automation test cases for mobile application.

Please let me know for any doubts.

Radek Antoniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2020

I think this blogpost describes your use-case in very detail using BitBucket Pipelines.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events