Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i generate documentation in the bitbucket pipeline and post it on confluence?

Deleted user May 16, 2019

Hi! I am currentrly using a Rails Api con bitbucket, and we have commands that generates documentation, las `rails erd`, `rails dictum`, etc

The files can be generated running the tests and some other commands. Is it possible to run this commands in the pipeline every time i push to master branch and post it in confluence?

This way, the documentation is always updated with the productive code (in master branch) and not depending on developers to remember to update it.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

That is a great automation idea.

You should be able to do that using the Confluence REST APIs. The link below will give you some examples of how to do it:

You will just need some intermediate steps to adjust the data you are generating to the format needed for the REST API.

I'm not a Confluence engineer so if you have specific questions on that area I'll suggest you dropping a question on Confluence community collection.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events