Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I load variables from external secret management solutions?

Mark McLaren July 23, 2019

I would like to manage my secrets/variables in one place. It feels error prone and "un-GitOps" to be hand editing long lists of variables in the Bitbucket interface for each repository.

I am working with Azure and so there are many common variables required for each build (service account credentials, Kubernetes cluster details, Container Registry details, Maven repository details etc.).

Would it be possible to source variables from something like a Key Management Solution? (in my case Azure Key Vault but I understand other similar solutions exist, GCP KMS, AWS KMS etc).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2019

Hi Mark,

Currently Pipeline has no native way to populate environment variables from external key management solutions. You can open a feature request for those types of integrations here: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/new

For now, you would have to start your build script by retrieving the variables from the external key management solution and then source them, before running the rest of your build.

Thanks,

Phil

Dierlys Costa da Silva Rodrigues February 13, 2023

Hello,

I have the same need as @Mark McLaren.

Can anyone tell me if bitbucket already has a native solution for communicating with Azure Key Vault?

Like Tim Chaffin likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events