Bitbucket-pipeline: Not showing Tests tab when running tests from container

Deleted user May 29, 2019

Hi!

We are using bitbucket-pipeline to perform some integration tests. These tests are requested from a container image so on bitbucket-pipeline we are only execution `docker run <image>` to perform these tests. The problem is that the pipeline is not showing the tests tab.

I understood that the test reports are not present in the “host” machine so it will not find the XML reports generated by gradle and, without tests report failing it does not show the tab.

My question is: Is it possible to share a folder between the “host” and the container to send the reports? I tried with `--mout` and `-v` flags in the docker run command but without success.

If shared folder is not possible what do you guys think that could work for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

André

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philip Hodder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2019

Hi André,

Your approach with the mount flag or volume flag in the Docker run command should be the right strategy for solving this.

Are the flags not working? What does your Docker run command look like?

If Docker is running correctly, can you verify the location that the XML report is being written too, and try checking after the docker run command that the XML report is present in the main build container.

Thanks,

Phil

Deleted user June 14, 2019

I Philip.
Thanks for your reply.
I was already able to resolve this issue. To solve it I just made a bind mount of a folder from the host to the container. Something like: 

docker run -d \
  -it \
  --name devtest \
  -v "$(pwd)"/target:/app \
  nginx:latest

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events