Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket pipeline | Branch specific variables

Dragan Jancic March 3, 2020

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to create branch specific variable that would be used in build step only?

My bitbucket-pipelines.yml file looks something like this:

pipelines:
   branches:
      master:
         - step:

name: Build

//env variable URL that would hold specific value for master branch

- step:

name: Deploy to Production

//here I'm using variables defined as deployment production variables in settings

development:

-step:

name: Build

//env variable URL that would hold specific value for development branch 

-step:

name: Deploy to Staging

//here I'm using variables defined as deployment staging variables in settings

Trouble is that, on both master and development branch, I need environmental variables with same name but different value. Could I maybe add variable to deployment variables and somehow use it in build step or set variable directly inside build step in bitbucket-pipelines.yml file? 
Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Richard Merchant July 7, 2020

You've probably figured this out already, but for anyone wondering, you can use the deployments sections to configure ENV vars with the same name but different values.

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-up-bitbucket-deployments/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events