Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipelines to access local environment. Is there something like Gitlab and Github Runner?

Mark Ramos June 18, 2020

I am utilizing multiple kubernetes environment and hosting nexus for all my library, plugins, and packages repository. I need Bitbucket pipelines to grab some packages from locally hosted nexus and run some validation on kubernetes environment before I can build the docker image. Problem is, I don't see any way how I can set that up. I am very familiar with gitlab and github and both uses runners to access local resource and bitbucket does not seem to have that capability. I could be wrong though but how can I do that in bitbucket pipelines? Is there any runners I can install in my local environment so I could have pipelines access my local resource?

2 answers

1 vote
ktomk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2020

I'm not that familiar with Nexus and your specific requirements, for local integrations of bitbucket pipelines I'm using a self-written pipelines runner that is based on the Bitbucket pipelines yaml file.

It does not cover all features of Bitbucket Pipelines, normally extending it when needed. All it needs is some PHP runtime, requirements are lax. Other requirements are Docker, does work with the rootless variant, too.

This is not the only project of such kind, but from those I know about the one with the most features. Another one is bbrun which has Nodejs as runtime.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events