Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Pipelines doesn't allow custom names for Deployments?

Delphine Foo-Matkin August 1, 2019

I have a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file that is throwing an error message in VS Code 'Value is not accepted. Valid values: "test", "staging", "production":

image: mydockerhub/myimage
pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Echo
script:
- echo 'First step in default'
- step:
name: Deploy to ci1 sandbox
deployment: ci1-sandbox
trigger: manual

I've created an environment called ci1-sandbox. Shouldn't this config file's "deployment" line reference that environment?

The example in the documentation at this link shows a sample pipelines config file that contains deployments with names other than 'test', 'staging' or 'production':

sample-yml.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
mkleint
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

please check the first paragraph of the documentation link. If you want to use custom names in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file, you first need to define these values in the Bitbucket settings.  Under Settings / Pipelines/ Environments.

Delphine Foo-Matkin August 13, 2019

I've defined the values in the Bitbucket settings (there are environments existing in the settings that match the deployment names used in my configuration file) but still get an error highlight with message in VSCode:

error message.JPG

The error does not prevent the plans from running successfully, but it would be great to have the error highlighting removed for custom deployment names.

Thanks!

mkleint
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2019

I see. I could be an issue with VS Code plugin I assume. When I edit inline in bitbucket I get this error when entering a wrong deployment name:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.09.26 am.png

Tim April 6, 2020

I have the same issue with the vscode extension. It doesn't seem to pull down the deployment names from the repo my project is connected to. It's just using the default names of the deployments when you first enable pipelines.

I would recommend either removing the deployment name check or fixing it so it pulls the configured deployment names.

Disabling the Jira and Bitbucket extension prevents the deployment names from showing as an error, but then I lose the Jira Issue and Pipeline explorer.

Can you please fix this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events