want to use the msg generated during running the script or build-log file generated during run plan

Ankit May 29, 2018

My problem is to use the warning and error msg generated using compiling any projects.
Like using terminal we can directly use "g++ any_file_name.cpp &> logfile.txt", here if any warning or error msg generated then that will be stored in logfile.txt.But if I write this same in the Bamboo script, the logfile.txt is blank and if there was any warning/error then they are just written into the build.log file of Bamboo.
1.) So, is there a way such that I can store them (warning/error msgs created when running anything) directly into a new_file.txt.
For above, Currently, I am downloading the build.log file using Curl command "curl -u<bamboo-user>:<bamboo-password> <bamboo-url>/download/${bamboo.buildKey}/build_logs/${bamboo.buildResultKey}.log > <some-filename>", but here it seems to be that there is a limit like saturation limit, that if there are many things written in build log file before running the above curl command, I get the whole build-log content written before running this command, but if There aren't many things already written before running this command, then the file I get is blank.
2.) So, how can I get the build-log file (whole) written before running this command?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events