My bamboo build server v.4.2.1 is running on Windows Server 2008 R2. I installed our compiler along with BSP on the C:\ drive of the server. There are some parts of the BSP that is checked into subversion. So for my task, I run a windows .bat script that is stored locally on the server to update the code.
The script just contains the line:
svn update c:\ghs\int1002
Unfortunately, I get an error from the bamboo log:
svn: E175013: Unable to connect to a repository
The repository is set up in bamboo with working username and password and when I use inline script to do the update, it fails too. I thought it's because bamboo doesn't automatically put in a username and password for svn if you run a script. So I did a local script on the server and it still fails. I'm starting to think it's because I didn't specify a username or password so I did and that's not why either. I'm not really sure if it's a subversion issue or bamboo issue or windows issue or me!
Is there a way to resolve or workaround this? It's just a simple svn update. I don't really understand why it's so hard. Previously, I tried to use the checkout widget but it does not let me specify a location and it this case I need it to update code in a specific location.
If you connect into the server and run the same script does it work?
Does the server have connectivity to the other server where the SVN repository is located? The message seems to be related to networking issues.
AFAIK unless you specify to not cache the credentials, as long you don't remove the credentials cache from the machine where you script is running SVN should be able to re-use the same credentials and just run the update as you expect.
Is Bamboo able to checkout the code from the same place? I didn't understand exactly why do you need a this external script as Bamboo should run a update/checkout on the repository before each build if you configure it correctly.
Not sure you read this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Subversion
The problem was solved by using http instead of https. I think the problem was because of Windows. When Bamboo logs in to windows it's probably running as a restricted user and thus had problems using whatever svn user it uses to update the code.
The reason I was doing what I was doing is because the BSPs are updated in the toolchain's directory. I think if I set up svn externals that might help. Not too sure. Thanks for trying.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in talking to 20 people planning t...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs