Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh-task shows command not found while running on connected server

kswati November 20, 2018

I am using ssh-task in deployment job, this ssh-task is connected to server with ubuntu user where kubectl command are running.

When I am running same command directly on server, it working but when I am running it using job its showing command not found.

Is this due to ssh-task?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2018

Hi @kswati,

It is possible that your problem is not Bamboo related but a constraint on how an SSH command is run. 

A command running with SSH does not get the same environment variables as if it was run with a logged in user on terminal. The reason is that we have a non-interactive terminal instead of an interactive one.

You should see completely different results from

Env as and SSH command:

$ ssh user@localhost 'env'

Env from terminal:

$ env

Suggestion for troubleshooting

1. Check if you are able to run the command you need without Bamboo, but sending it through an ssh command line as the command above for 'env'.
  2. If you experience the same problem the reason might be a missing environment variable. In this case you will need to source the variable in the SSH command or add the full path to executable.
  3. In case you don't reproduce the problem, please send us the SSH task details so we can check them,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events