Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh connection to amazon EC2 instance is timed out

Paridhi.Jain December 16, 2019

I'm facing an issue where ssh connection to amazon EC2 can not be made. In my case I want to ssh to one of my EC2 instances on aws from Bamboo's local agent. Both are inside the same VPC. I can ssh to my EC2, if I'm logged into Bamboo's local agent. But, I want to achieve the same using ssh task in Bamboo. It tried for 2 minutes and gives me an error - "Can not connect to the host".  What could be the problem here?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

Hi @Paridhi.Jain

I would try to isolate the problem by checking what is different between you connecting from the agent manually and Bamboo doing it with an SSH task.

• Would you mind trying to connect with EC2 but at this time using a script task?
  • Is the remote agent running with the same user you were when connecting to the EC2 instance?
  • Is the remote agent able to resolve the hostname used?
  • Can you share the build log lines related to this error?
Paridhi.Jain December 19, 2019

@Daniel Santos

Thank you so much for your response. 

The problem got resolved by updating the inbound rules in the security group for my Amazon EC2. I added a rule for ssh (port-22). I'm still wondering how was I able to ssh from the bamboo's local agent earlier when the ssh rule wasn't there in the security group. 

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2019

That is a good question... I'm not sure If I can help you to understand the why =/
But I'm glad that you found out how to solve the issue and things are working now

=]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events