saved Shared credentials does not show up.

I have added a ssh credentials to be shared and under overview->shared credentials, the saved credentials shows up.  However, when I try to create a plan and try to link repository to a new plan through Bitbucket Cloud, I could not use shared credentials. 

When I select "Use shared credentials to authenticate", I get a message saying "No shared credentials of this type have been defined. You can configure them in administration panel on Shared credentials page." even though a credential is already added.

Is there anything else I need to do to use this added ssh credentials (with which I can access bitbucket repository from a terminal)?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Masahiro,

Thanks for your question!

For connecting Bitbucket cloud repository we need to use username and password first so that the Bamboo can make rest calls to get the info.

So to use SSH shared credentials, we need to use the username password first to connect to Bitbucket cloud repository and then use the SSH shared credentials.

Thanks,

Robhit

hmm, but 2fa is enabled and username/password would not allow bamboo to connect to bitbucket, right?

Do I need to disable 2fa?

Hi Masahiro,

You can use the App password for that.

Steps:

1. Create App Password in Bitbucket.

2. In Bamboo, create a shared credential type "username and password" and use the Bitbucket username and the app password as a password.

Thanks,

Robhit  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,070 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot