Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Local agents health check has failed in your system" but no health checks are configured

Bob Rzadzki September 27, 2022

The error:

The Local agents health check has failed in your system.

appears when I login to Bamboo. When I clicked "Don't remind me again," the error is dismissed but returns on every page refresh. When I click "Find out more," I see a page with tabs including "Instance Health Checks" where no health checks are listed.

Is there a failing health check? How do I find it? If this is a phantom error, how do I dismiss it permanently?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2022

Hello @Bob Rzadzki

Bamboo 8 Data Center has deprecated Local agents and recommends using Remote or Elastic Agents. That message is a reminder of that decision.

To disable that check completely go to:

• Bamboo Administration -> Troubleshooting and support tools -> Instance Health (tab) -> Data Center -> Local Agents -> Disable Enable this check

You can find more about Bamboo Health Checks on the following page:

Thank you,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

There is no Data Center option within the Instance Health tab:

Capture.PNG

I should note, too; this error is extremely unclear if it's intent is to remind me Local Agents are deprecated. How would I ever gather that from "The Local Agent health check has failed"? The message should be made clearer.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2022

Hello @Bob Rzadzki

The validation will only happen if you are using Local Agents. The configuration dialogue under Instance Health should show the DC options if you have a DC licence.

Please try restarting Bamboo to see if the Health Check option becomes available. Otherwise, you may have to update the Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools plugin on:

• Bamboo Administration -> Manage apps

Sincerely,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Capture.PNG

I've "requested an update from vendor." THIS is something I should see a warning about -- incompatible plugins still installed after an upgrade. Why is this something I have to request, rather than an automatic update?

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
September 27, 2022

Hello @Bob Rzadzki

The ATST is a plugin developed by Atlassian and is compatible with Bamboo. What is the Bamboo version you are running? Can you confirm if you have a DC licence? Go to Bamboo Administration -> License details and check for "Data center: True".

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Bob Rzadzki September 28, 2022

Yes, I have a Data Center license, and I see "Data center: True."

Bamboo version 9.0.0, build 90005

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2022

Hello @Bob Rzadzki

Bamboo comes with an Embedded ATST version. Once a new version is available it will be prompted to you. You can ignore the compatibility warning.

Your issue may be related to the Web frontend being either your Browser, Proxy or even the Reverse Proxy in front of Bamboo. Please check those points and additionally validate any XSRF messages on <bamboo-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log

As you have a valid DC licence, in case you still have issues please open a case at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and we'll be happy to assist.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Bob Rzadzki September 30, 2022

Eduardo, thank you for your help - your note about XSRF did the trick. The issue was a major oversight on my part: we run Bamboo behind a reverse proxy, and I had not migrated over the relevant settings after upgrade.

Apologies for the goose chase! Thanks again for your insight; everything is working as expected now!

Like Eduardo Alvarenga likes this
0 votes
Bob Rzadzki September 30, 2022

For posterity, if anyone else lands here after an upgrade:

• Context: My organization runs Bamboo behind an IIS reverse proxy.
  • Symptom: Persistent error message throughout Bamboo about a failed Application Health Check related to Local Agents. The error is about Local Agents being deprecated, although this wasn't clear to me until Eduardo clarified it - Local Agents were deprecated by the new version, and this was nudging us to upgrade everything to Remote Agents. Additional symptom I didn't notice until later: The deployments page never loaded completely, and a warning there said "Unable to contact Bamboo."
  • Problem: The error is helpful, but it could not be dismissed - the "Don't remind me again" link dismissed it momentarily, but it would return on page refresh. Eduardo pointed me in the direction of XSRF, which clued me in to look at the Deployments page and notice the overarching error, a lack of connectivity for asynchronous calls.
  • Solution: Complete the upgrade -- ensure server.xml from [Bamboo install directory]/conf is migrated to the new install. We overlooked this here, and so Bamboo (which does an admirable job of connecting through a reverse proxy without any additional configuration!) was getting hung up on some valid XSRF concerns. Following the instructions at the following link gets the reverse proxy working 100% error-free: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/securing-bamboo-behind-nginx-using-ssl-829075298.html
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2022

That's a nice wrap @Bob Rzadzki! Thanks for the contribution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events