• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"No such file or directory" when running simple command on linux bamboo agent. UPDATE - new question Edited

I'll probably forget to include some details, so bear with me.

To demonstrate my problem I have created a simple plan. It's the sole purpose to verify a file exists by doing an "ls -ls <filename>". 

It fails. What am I doing wrong? I suspect ist has something to do with permissions on the build agent VM. 

On the build agent machine, a linux VM, I run the command

/usr/bin/ls -ls /home/bgillespie/ivy

total 8

0 drwxr-xr-x. 2 bamboo     bamboo      215 Feb 19 16:10 cache

4 -rwxrwxrwx. 1 bgillespie bgillespie 2602 Feb 19 15:43 ivyconf.xml

4 -rwxrwxrwx. 1 bgillespie bgillespie  218 Feb 18 13:40 ivy.properties

Output from the build log when I run the plan in bamboo:

simple	19-Feb-2020 17:13:20	Starting task 'see if ivyconf.xml found' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scripttask:task.builder.command'
command	19-Feb-2020 17:13:20	Beginning to execute external process for build 'TEST - BRIAN_TEST - BUILD #1 (TEST-BRIANTEST-JOB1-1)'\n ... running command line: \n/usr/bin/ls -ls /users/bgillespie/ivy\n ... in: /home/bamboo/agent-2-home/xml-data/build-dir/TEST-BRIANTEST-JOB1
error	19-Feb-2020 17:13:20	/usr/bin/ls: cannot access /users/bgillespie/ivy: No such file or directory
simple	19-Feb-2020 17:13:20	Failing task since return code of [/usr/bin/ls -ls /users/bgillespie/ivy] was 2 while expected 0
simple	19-Feb-2020 17:13:20	Finished task 'see if ivyconf.xml found' with result: Failed

The directory itself is wide open permission wise

ls -lsd /home/bgillespie /home/bgillespie/ivy

0 drwxrwxrwx. 11 bgillespie bgillespie 280 Feb 19 15:55 /home/bgillespie/

0 drwxrwxrwx. 3 bgillespie bgillespie 77 Feb 19 16:10 /home/bgillespie/ivy

thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

As a test I got a new VM spun up with same OS, installed the needed software including a new bamboo client and now my problem is gone. Apparently some kind of a problem with the build agent I was using.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.2 is here!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.2 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. This will be the last major Server release before the launch of Bamboo DC. Bamboo logs We...

498 views 5 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you