Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Get-ChildItem env:" error in deployment script: duplicate key?

Berry de Groot October 15, 2019

My organisation is migrating from Bamboo 6.0.1 to Bamboo 6.8.0 (don't ask why not 6.10). My task is to migrate the build- and deployment projects from the old to the new environment.

In the old environment, we have a powershell script that loops through the environment variables. In order to get the variables, it calls "Get-ChildItem env:". Works like a charm, so I copied the script to the new environment. Unfortunately the script ends up in an error:

Get-ChildItem : An item with the same key has already been added.

When I try to call "Get-ChildItem env:" in the powershell console, the command executes successfully.

The error leads me to this page: https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell/issues/6305
which tells me that this error is caused by a duplicate key in the environment variables.

In the deployment output, Bamboo outputs "using extra environment variables:" but there are no duplicates in there.

My conclusion: Bamboo is somehow adding a duplicate (differently cased?) environment variable, which is causing me this problem.

I also looked through the release notes after Bamboo 6.8.0 to see if there is some fix relating environment variables, but nothing seems to point me in the right direction.

Does anyone recognise this behaviour? Any ideas on how to investigate further which key is duplicated and how to solve this or prevent this from happening?

1 answer

0 votes
Prashanth Reddy Annedla October 13, 2021

Hi @Berry de Groot 

Were you able to find any solution/workaround for this issue?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events