Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plans being built in sub-directory of xml-data/build-dir??

Dennis Ryan September 7, 2011

A strange thing has happened to my bamboo installation.... Our builds are configured to use a common ant build file and ivy. All of our projects reference ../CoreProject/common-build.xml, and ivy has been using a similar scheme to get it's artifacts. Since version 1 we have sym-linked the bamboo name to the "real" project name, and all this has worked pretty well.

Up until recently, bamboo has been organizing my code in $BAMBOO_HOME/xml-data/build-dir. Today i notice that some of my builds started failing and our projects were suddenly being stored in a sub-directory:

was: $BAMBOO_HOME/xml-data/build-dir/COREPROJECT-TRUNK-JOB1

is now: $BAMBOO_HOME/xml-data/build-dir/131073/COREPROJECT-TRUNK-JOB1

some projects are in still another sub-directory... Clicking around it looks like the numbers might corrspond to agent id's.

Does anyone have any insight on what might be going on here? Is this normal or do I have some corruption somewhere??

Thanks,Dennis

note: even though I was a "charter" bamboo user, I decided to get rid of some "upgrade cruft" by starting fresh and reinstalling Bamboo when I upgraded to 3.2 recently.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2011

That's normal if you have concurrent builds enabled. If you disable them, you will get back to the previous layout.

If we stuck to the previous directory layout, a directory would have to be shared between two concurrent builds of the same job. So, concurrent builds -> all job directories are per agent.

Dennis Ryan September 7, 2011

That's it, Someone clicked "Enable". Time to revoke some admin privs :-)

1 vote
david.s.mittman January 23, 2013

Przemek:

Can you have that tidbit added to the Bamboo documentation somewhere? Also, if an agent is disabled or deleted, an Admin might like to know that the ./build-dir/<agentID> directory can be deleted to recover disk space.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events