Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plan branches

Matthew Kahane
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 6, 2019

the gui screen captures on the plan branches page under gatekeeper and branch updater seem to be confused:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/using-plan-branches-289276872.html

The bubble charts are correct but the gui captures seem to be wrong. 

Under branch updater, the bubble chart appears to checkout the feature, merge from the master and then push to the feature, however the screen cap shows the opposite.

Under gatekeeper, the bubble chart appears to checkout master, merge the feature, then push back to master, but the screen cap shows the opposite.  

This topic is confusing enough as it is.  Please at least get the documentation right.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2019

The GUI images are using example when "master" is created as branch plan. It is confusing cause the GUI example is different compared to the bubble chart.

It will be fixed.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2019

Hi @Matthew Kahane

Could you provide the version of your Bamboo ?

Is it latest version? Or old one?

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Matthew Kahane
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2019

Gonchik, I'm not sure why my version is relevant. 

I provided a link to a page that I think has bad documentation.  Can you confirm that the documentation is wrong?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events