Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

permissions for creating Jira tickets from bamboo

Robert Kulyassa January 21, 2019

Hi all,

I have an issue with creating Jira tickets directly from Bamboo. Some of our users just don't see the option to do that, therefor they can't. (E.g: you open a specific test and you have the option to (un)quarantine or create a jira ticket for the test.)

the action menu for a specific test for me:
Screenshot from 2019-01-21 14-19-33.png

The same for a non admin user:
Screenshot from 2019-01-21 14-20-38.png

After playing a bit I gave them admin rights (on bamboo, no changes on jira), and that fixed the problem! Obviously I don't want to give admin rights to everyone, so I need another solution. I am anyway really surprise it depends on the permissions.
So what to do? What permissions/settings users need to be able to create/link a jira ticket from bamboo?

Additional info: if I have an already linked ticket on bamboo, these non admin users see it and can open it.

Bamboo server: 6.6.3

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2019

Unfortunately Bamboo currently lacks sufficiently fine grained permissions to properly address this - please watch and vote for the following issue to raise Atlassian's priority for addressing this notable limitation:

That being said, it sounds like you have only considered global admin rights and are not yet using the new project permissions (introduced with Bamboo 6.2), which might mitigate the impact a bit (depends on your particular team composition and workflows of course).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events