cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nuget not recognized in script

Bobby
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 15, 2018

I am a newbie in bamboo, and i successfully did the checkout and build part, but now i am trying to restore nuget packages before the build, but it fails with the below error message.

This error message happens when the command is not included in the path variable. Its there, and i am also able to type "nuget restore MySolution.sln" in the cmd and it restores all my packages. But when i try through Bamboo, in which i use Script configuration task type, with interpreter as bin/sh or cmd.exe, Script location as Inline and in the script body i type "nuget restore MySolution.sln".

Is there something else i should be doing ?

nuget is not recognized as an internal or external command

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2018

Hey Bobby,

Welcome! :)

Firstly, are you running these builds in a local or remote agent?

If it's a remote agent build it might be caused by a bug in the service wrapper which causes a clash when the PATH environment variable is present as both a user and system environment variable:

If it's a local agent build, I'd be curious if the path to your nuget binary only exists on the user PATH and perhaps your Bamboo process / service is running as a different user to what you're using in your command-line tests. In that case, could you try running Bamboo as a console app from <bamboo-install>/bin/start-bamboo.bat as the same user where your command-line tests were succeeding?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events