notification agent status

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Monitoring agent status

Hi all

I was wondering if there's a way to be alerted when a remote Bamboo agent goes down?

I know we can monitor the agents, but I was wondering if there's a way to send out automated notification?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Good point, better to be proactively informed then checking why jobs are queuing or are waiting for completion

This functionality is not yet supported by Bamboo itself (but see below), please watch and vote for the following issue to further guide Atlassian's priority for addressing this notable limitation:

That being said, the Agent Utilities - Basic add-on used to provide this functionality. Unfortunately it is not maintained anymore and only marked as compatible up to the long outdated Bamboo release 4.4.8. The source code is available though, and the underlying Bamboo notification plugin functionality is documented, so it should be a comparatively straight forward task to either pick it up and adjust it to work with Bamboo 5.x (if at all required), or just build a new add-on from scratch that provides those notifications.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

147 views 1 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you