Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noDependencies() method is deprecated

Dean Nam May 29, 2018

I ran into an issue w/ removing the existing dependencies from a plan. The blow is the error message that I got from the publish attempt:

2018-05-29 16:43:19,817 INFO [BambooServer] An error occurred while publishing plan UIWEB-WEBMASTERTESTSCYLLA: Plan import is blocked to prevent deleting your plan dependencies silently. If you are confident that you want to delete all plan dependencies, use com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api.builders.plan.Plan.noDependencies method explicitly.

So I tried to use noDependencies() method but didn't work because it's deprecated. Is there any workaround solution for removing a dependency from an existing plan other than noDependencies()?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2018

Hi, using of noDependencies() is the only correct way of removing plan dependencies. It's deprecated from the beginning as it was architecture decision. We don't want to keep in API for a long time, but first version of Bamboo Specs didn't have solution for dependencies management so you had to configure it from UI. Next version had dependencies management, but Bamboo Specs should not silently remove it from you configuration if you was not aware of this API change.

Dean Nam May 30, 2018

Thanks for the answer @Alexey Chystoprudov. As I commented above, it went through with the workaround solution which I'm happy about. :)

0 votes
Dean Nam May 29, 2018

I found a workaround solution for publishing the plan with removing dependencies. You can remove the dependencies via UI before publish then the check won’t interrupt. FYI, I referred the workaround solution for a similar issue here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/plan-import-is-blocked-to-prevent-deleting-your-plan-notifications-silently-with-bamboo-specs-945118323.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events