Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving all builds one branch to another

Pankaj Malhotra January 8, 2020

We have a Bamboo which is executing all the builds under branch "develop".
Now we created another branch from "develop" called "v1.0.1" which is a plan branch under bamboo.

Now when a user commits the code under "develop" the builds get triggered and similarly for "v1.0.1".

But we also updated the develop branch version (v1.0.2), but kept the branch name same as "develop".

When a user commits under 1.0.1 build number start from 1
When a user commits under Develop build number start from 300 (as there was other builds before we updated the version).

Now the ask over here is::
Is there a way I can move all the previous builds from develop (before we branched) till 299 under plan branch (v1.0.1)?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hi Pankaj,

Is there a way I can move all the previous builds from develop (before we branched) till 299 under plan branch (v1.0.1)?

All the builds are tagged to the respective Plan branches. Thus, it is not possible to move builds to a different plan branch.

However, what I can suggest you is to reconfigure your 'develop' branch to point to different plan branch, so that the existing builds remain intact and you can continue to use the same build history.

To do this, you'll just have to navigate to the respective plan branch, then go to Repositories tab and update the name of the branch.

Let's know if it works for you.

Cheers,
Jey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events