Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

list all users or search a single user takes 2-3 minutes

yche276 September 22, 2019

We have a problem when we list all users or search for a user with a surname. it takes 2 -3 minutes.  We are using LDAP. there are about 200 users and 15 groups. This porblem only happen with bamboo. our bitbucket server, sonarqube and artifactory are all using the same LDAP sever. They don't have this problem.

steps to reproduce

bamboo -administration -> security -> users

the page will take several minutes to be loaded.

Bamboo version 6.4.0 build 60404

inorder to identify the root cause, could you please advise what kind of trouble I should do? Thank  you!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2019

Hi @yche276

Your version of Bamboo does not have very good LDAP management if compared with new versions available. In order to build the user list, it does lots of LDAP calls (not a great approach). The time needed to build the data you are trying to get heavily relies on LDAP performance and network due to the high number of calls.

My suggestions:

If you can upgrade (best option)

If you cannot upgrade

1. Try to restrict as much as possible the tree search in LDAP by using a more specific value for the following configuration attributes:
    baseContext, baseUserNamespace, baseGroupNamespace
  2. Try to reduce the number of users and groups with a more restricted search.
  3. Check the time taken for your LDAP to return results with an LDAP search from the server where Bamboo is located using the same parameters configured in atlassian-user.xml.

I hope it allows you to troubleshoot this issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events