it is possible to hide some artifacts from build results?

Vladimir Avdeev March 3, 2014

Hi. I am create this structure:

Job "Build solutuin" collect binaries for deployment archive and tests to artifacts.

Job "Business logic testing" and "Data access testing" download shared artifacts from "Build solution" job, and use it.

Job "Package and Utils" download artifacts from "Build solution" job for collect the archive according to certain rules. I don't want to prepare deployment archive before testing, it is logical.

Question: How can I use binaries from first stage in last stage, that the user not see them?

P.S. Maybe bamboo can create internal artifact, for jobs only, not for users? or bamboo may hide some artifacts?

P.P.S. Now last job download artifacts from first job, and create own artifacts (zip archive). And user after build see shared artifacts from first stage and from last stage. I would like to user see only needed artifacts.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vladimir Avdeev March 19, 2014

My opinion:

1. checkout
  2. build (collect test binaries as artifacts)
  3. deploy to QA/dev
  4. test QA/dev
  5. deploy to Staging/prod
  6. test Staging/prod

But in this case I shoul have ability to automatically deploy app to server.

In real case I haven't this ability. (we use "jump" host for deploy package to ec2 machines which do not have the Internet connection directly)

1 vote
Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

Vladimr,

One option is to have the first stage copy the "artifacts" (don't save in bamboo) to another location (e.g. another location on build server, a secured location on shared drive or even check it into source control). This process and configuration would obviously be invisible to the user, and only the last stage would know where to retrieve artifacts.

Hope that helps!

Ron

Vladimir Avdeev March 4, 2014

Ron,

I think it's not a very good option, because problems with the local network can make red build. I also need to create a structure of folders and files in another location, any changes into - red build.

I thought about it, really.

I had 2 choices:

1. Make a dependent plan, which would collect artifacts and pack them in an archive.

2. Re-build the project in the last step of this plan, compress files in bin folder and create target artifacts.

P.S. Maybe I have the wrong structure of the plan?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events