is there a way to login to a third party website and click a button so that it can download a pdf?

Alagukumarappan Ramasamy March 31, 2020

I want to download a pdf (It will be keep on changing everyday, has same name and id) from my partner company site. My partner company site has login restriction and after logging in i want to switch to a tab and download the pdf. This pdf will be used for some calculation purpose.

Right now instead of manually doing it im trying to find a way to do that. I know there is a way in SELENIUM IDE. I need to know is there is a way to do this using bamboo?

2 answers

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 1, 2020

Hi @Alagukumarappan Ramasamy ,

If the authentication method on the web site is basic authentication, on bamboo you can do it via curl or wget by specifiying the both the pdf url and username/password.

If authentication is not "basic authentication" and it is form based, then you can execute selenium on the bamboo as well. But it requires a installing browser on the bamboo. It is not straightforward to set it up. Instead, I suggest that you request from partner company to put the pdf behind basic authentication and use curl/wget.

0 votes
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2020

If I were you, I wouldn't bother with actually clicking the button, but use some command line tool like wget instead.

Bamboo doesn't have such functionality built-in, you will need to write a script yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events