Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'#' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Calvin Ngu May 7, 2019

Hi,
I have multiple deployment processes that run a (Shell - inline) script that starts with:

# a comment
if [[ ${bamboo_countryFile} =~ ^test ]]; then
and does an rsync at the end...

Sometimes I get the errors:

'#' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
${bamboo_countryFile} was unexpected at this time.

Or

Host key verification failed.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [sender=3.0.9]

The script is set on multiple deployment environments and the errors occur randomly on most of the environments when run concurrently, such as being triggered from a successful build/deployment. However, they are usually ok with no errors when the environments are run manually individually.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2019

Hi Calvin,

Just as a thought do you have multiple agents that are running these deployments and have you looked to see which agent happens to be running the job when it passes vs fails.

I only ask because this is how I found an agent I had forgotten to update with the latest version of a tool we use when jobs were randomly failing and it just happen to be luck of the draw as to which job ran though that agent.

Just something to think about.  I hope that helps you.

-James

Calvin Ngu May 9, 2019

Hi James,

Yes, it was agent related.  So after I specified a linux agent, it worked.

Thanks,

Calvin

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

Hey Calvin,

I'm glad that fixed things for you!

-James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events