Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to handle the deleted files in continuous deployment scenario

vijay gowda February 7, 2019

I am using a product where in the deployment needs to happen in a particular directory of unix, which not only contains the source archived in bit bucket but also contains some dynamic files which should not be touched during the deployment and hence cannot delete the whole diretory and redeploy using untar command.

I am using unix server where the files are deployed using a untar command.

eg.  tar -xvf cust.tar

I am stuck in the below scenario.

eg)

Step1 )  Bit bucket branch contains version1

a.sh  (ver1)

b.sh  (ver1)

c.sh   (ver1)

deployment  from  bitbucket happened, the 3 files got deployed in the server using untar command   tar -xvf <tarfilename>

a.sh   (ver1)

b.sh  (ver1)

c.sh  (ver1)

step2) 

Bit bucket branch contains version2 

a.sh   (got deleted)

b.sh  (ver2)

c.sh  (ver2)

deployment  from  bitbucket happened, the 2 files got deployed in the server using untar command   tar -xvf <tarfilename>. The deployment server contains the below file after using the untar command

a.sh   (ver1)   (contains the file from the previous deployment, which is not needed now)

b.sh  (ver2)

c.sh  (ver2)

Problem statement :- after the deployment in step2, I would require a handle to know the deleted file in the branch. 

I have tried mutiple option like 

git whatchanged 

git log --diff-filter=D --summary | grep deleted  (this command give the entire list of master branch as well, I am looking  for the file deleted only in that particular branch).

Request help regarding the same. I am using Bamboo for CI and CD.

Regards

Vijay

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2019

Hi! 

Have you using task clean working directory for every start or finish of your plan? 

Also, for handling you can set is as artifact, then fetch from previous run by rest api. 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

vijay June 3, 2019

Hi Gonchik Tsymzhitov ,

Sorry for the delayed response,  no we are not using the clean working directory as, the directory contains some of the files which is not in source versioning and hence cannot have the clean working directory.

We are using bit bucket for our source versioning.

Regards

Vijay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events