Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to do automatic branch creation for very new commit.

Niharbabu June 6, 2018

Hi All,

Currently  i have choose a create option as "When new branch in repository is created" to create a branch automatically under a plan and delete option as "After branch inactivity in repository".

My situation:

Currently say Branch B1 is created in bit bucket same get created under my plan. Due to inactivity of the branch for say day which is the value i configured for option "After branch inactivity in repository" B1 gets deleted. Say after 3 days od branch deletion under the plan in bamboo there is a commit or merge happens to B1, now i want this branch B1 to be added again under the plan.

Currently I see that B1 doesn't get added.  Is there a way that i can add a branch automatically into plan if there is commit happen?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

Hey Niharbabu,

I'm afraid not. There's an improvement request detailing the same behavior you've described which I've included below:

Once this improvement request is implemented, it'll be possible. Please feel free to vote and watch it so you're notified of any updates.

There's two workarounds, which I understand are far from ideal, but are the only options within Bamboo for now:

Regards,

Jeremy

Niharbabu June 21, 2018

Thanks Jeremy...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events