Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to configure docker runner to authorize with private docker registry

sta-szek March 5, 2018

how can i configure Job -> Docker to authorize with my private docker registry?

i'm getting 403 when downloading private docker image e.g. private/docker-image:1.2.3

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert W
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Hi Piotr,

If the private image is in a registry which does not require authentication you can just use the registry url in the Docker image field.

If your registry requires authentication, it becomes a little more complicated.

You will need to set up a script on the agent server which will run the docker login command. (in ~/.profile for example)

docker login -u <myuser> -p <mypassword> registryurl

Once this is configured and the remote agent has sourced the new script, it will be able to connect to the private image registry.  You can test this by attempting a docker pull for your desired image.

You will need to configure the above for all remote agents which will need to connect to the private registry.

Robert W
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

If you don't want passwords stored in plain text, you can use the credential helpers as outlined in the documentation for the docker login command.

Docker Login

stephen_leavitt September 6, 2018

Follow-up question. What if the repository is an AWS ECR, which the login is only good for a certain period of time and then you have to login again? Any suggestions on how to handle that?

Robert W
Atlassian Team
September 7, 2018

If your credentials remain the same, you can re-run the docker login command to re-authorize your agent.  (you should be able to automate this with a chron job).

If your credentials have expired/rotated, you'll need to modify your script to use the new credentials.

stephen_leavitt September 7, 2018

I meant to reply to this and forgot to yesterday. I found this solution from AWS Labs that pretty much solves the problem for me for ECR repositories:

https://github.com/awslabs/amazon-ecr-credential-helper

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Jason Templeman March 9, 2020

I know this thread is a bit old but can you elaborate how this would look on a CentOS7 system?  Is there a particular name needed for the the login script?  Where does it need to be stored?  How does Bamboo find the script?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events