how to avoid multiple source code checkout from repository under a plan??..

bharath keshava August 27, 2013

In Bamboo, is there any way to avoid multiple source code checkout, as my repository size is more than 4GB, it is not feasible to checkout the repository everytime a new job is created. I tried artifact sharing,but i need my whole repository for the build. Any alternative to checkout the repository once and use it for the whole plan under different stages and jobs??..

2 answers

2 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Hi Bharath,

I couldn't think of source code checkout sharing after a build. However I would suggest you to cleanout after the plan finished building. You could do it by checking "Clean working directory after each build" option in "Miscellaneous" in Job settings.

bharath keshava August 28, 2013

Hi Rian,
Thanks for the suggestion. This works out well for saving your space on the hard disk. But every time u run the plan we still have to checkout the whole repository increasing the Build time. As checking out my source repository takes approx 3-4 hrs, rather i would not make a clean build and keep updating it all the time i run it with the cron of space.

1 vote
Jason Monsorno
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Bamboo doesn't natively support it but there is nothing saying that you have to use the working directory to run your jobs/tasks in, it is simply the starting directory for relative references. You could "hack" it to run in your own folder structure (use absolute references or atleast go up a directory or two) and use the dynamic bamboo variables, primarily ${bamboo.buildKey}, to have distinct folders per plan/branch. You'd need to point to the same directory in each job/task in each stage to achieve this but that is relatively little overhead considering.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events