how do i checkin files generated from a build into an repository using Bamboo

Hector Magnanao October 30, 2018

how do i checkin files generated from a build into an repository using Bamboo

1 answer

2 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2018

As of the recently released Bamboo 6.7, you can use the new Repository Commit and Repository Push tasks that accompany the existing Source Control tasks (Checkout, Branch, Tag).

For earlier Bamboo versions, you can refer to the script based solution outlined in the dedicated KB article How to commit and push to a Git repo during a build.

Hector Magnanao November 1, 2018

We don't have Bamboo 6.7 yet.  The solution suggested for earlier Bamboo versions only works for Linux bamboo agents.  Is there one for Windows bamboo agents ?

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2018

Except for the variable syntax, there is nothing fundamentally Linux specific in that solution I think:

• the non existing 'touch' command is just for illustration anyway, you want to work with your own modified files of course
  • you obviously need to install  Git for Windows
  • a bit tricky is Bamboo's variable syntax for Windows CMD or PowerShell, which still isn't properly documented I think - we have documented the differences for our AWS Credentials Variables task, i.e. either use %bamboo_bitbucket_password% for CMD or $Env:bamboo_bitbucket_password for PowerShell

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events