disabling repository caching

Is it possible to disable repository caching in bamboo (either globally or per plan)?

2 answers

1 vote

Could you tell us something about your use case? Why would you like to do this?

Trying to push changes to a git-repository wont work if bamboo pushes the changes to the repository-cache.

0 votes

There is advanced option "Enable Repository Caching on Remote Agents" on repository configuration.

But what you may try instead is setting origin in additional task after checkout and before push to your git server.

git remote set-url origin <url>

Until next change detection fires cache will be invalid though.

I already disabled it on remote agents but that wont solve the problem when the plan is run on the main-server. Also setting the remote for git is not possible for me, because I can't (wont) hardcode the URL and using the environment-variable bamboo provides is not working because I have no easy way of adding username:password@ to it. If it was possible to disable repository caching altogether it would be so much easier for me ...

Voting for this issue. I've made a couple of scripts to do fetch/push for me and I just pass them the repository url and the branch(es) to fetch/push. The url is not hardcoded as I use the bamboo variables to give me that. (eg, bamboo.planRepository.repositoryUrl - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+variables) The plan branch name is also passed via bamboo variable, but other branch names do need to be hardcoded. (Luckily it's just develop + master) HOWEVER - The repository cache keeps old branches around which is screwing with jgitflow which now only lets you have one release branch at a time, which means I have to delete the repository cache EVERY time I run the release plan. Seriously screwed up.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

479 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you