disabling docker at the job level

Timothy Goff April 21, 2023

I am using YAML specs to define my build plan, and I have my jobs each configured to specify the docker image to use.  I would like to avoid repetition by setting the docker configuration at the plan level, but I have a few jobs in the plan which I would like to run in the native OS instead of docker.   per https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/9.2.1/specs.html?java#docker there is a flag to explicitely disable docker for a job in Java Specs, but https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/9.2.1/specs.html?yaml#docker indicates that in YAML the only way to disable docker is to omit it from the specs  - which is not really doable in this case since it is set at the plan level and we want to override that for a particular job.   Is there any way to do this or do I have to specify docker settings in each job, if not all jobs will be running in docker?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2023

Hello @Timothy Goff

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, that feature is not available in Bamboo. As mentioned by you, to make it work, you will have to add individual "docker:" entries to each Job in your Plan and skip that on the Job you don't wish to run in docker.

I have created a feature request that suggests that functionality be added:

We encourage you to add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed about the state of the bug moving forward and vote on it so our developers can have an idea of the number of affected customers. 

Several factors determine how Atlassian prioritizes the implementation of feature requests.

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Timothy Goff April 24, 2023

Thanks for the response and for writing a feature request.  I will watch for updates on that request

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events